Now that we've reached the home stretch for the Annual Report 2009, the program and projects numbers have been updated to reflect ANF's work throughout all of last year. The ANF website has also been updated with these numbers, so be sure to check out the website for more information on any programs of interest to you.
- Creation of 140 jobs through the provision of training, technical assistance, and capital in the areas of sustainable agriculture and animal husbandry.
- A daily plate of food was given to 68,788 people, including students, nursing mothers, and senior citizens.
- 1,129 schools received basic school supplies for each student, benefitting 158,454 children.
- 240 schools received vitamin-fortified cereal or other nutritious food aid for school feeding programs, benefiting 50,019 students.
- Distribution of medicines and medical supplies to 142 dispensaries, health centers, and hospitals, assisting in the treatment and recovery of thousands of patients.
- Construction of 1,592 houses, benefitting 9,821 people.
- Construction of 250 latrines, benefitting 1,552 people.
- Construction of 9 wells in communities affected by water scarcity.